UFC 273 takes place Saturday night in Jacksonville, Florida. It features two title fights and a few crucial matches between the top contenders. At the top of the list is the featherweight championship match between Alexander Volkanovsky and veteran striker Chan Sung-jung. “The Korean Zombie” won three out of four matches heading into this fight that could bring him a taste of gold for his first time with the UFC.
In the co-main event, fans will have a highly anticipated rematch between Petr Yan and Aljamain Sterling for the bodyweight belt. The last time these two fought, Yan was on his way to victory before landing on an illegal knee that toppled Sterling. Jan defeated Corey Sandhagen the next time he came out to claim the interim belt while Sterling has yet to compete since he was disqualified.
In the PPV, there are pivotal confrontations between rising star Khames Shemayev and former welterweight competitor Gilbert Burns, as well as jiu-jitsu player Mackenzie Dern against Tesia Torres.
stay with the athlete All night coverage of UFC 273.
How to watch UFC 273
Date: April 9
location: VyStar Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida
start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main Card)
How to watch: ESPN + PPV for $74.99
UFC 273 card (odds provided by BetMGM)
- Alexander Volkanovsky (-800) vs. Chan Seung-jung (+550)
- Algemeen Sterling (+400) vs. Peter Jan (-550)
- Gilbert Burns (+360) vs. Khamza Shemayev (-500)
- Mackenzie Dern (-120) vs. Tecia Torres (+100)
- Vince Bischel (-130) vs. Mark Madsen (+110)
- Ian Garry (-400) vs. Darrian Weeks (+300)
- Aspen Ladd (+155) vs. Raquel Bennington (-190)
- Mickey Gal (+145) vs. Mike Mallot (-175)
- Alexei Oleinik (+100) vs. Jared Fandera (-120)
- Anthony Hernandez (-190) vs Josh Frimed (+155)
- Pera Rodriguez (-120) vs. Kai Hansen (+100)
- Julio Arres defeated Daniel Santos by unanimous decision
(Photo: Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC)